In the bid to promote eating healthy yet yummy meals, here is a quick fix recipe.
What you will need to prepare your homemade oatmeal bars:
3 small bananas or 1 large banana
1 (raw) egg
3 tablespoons of skimmed powder milk
½ cup whole grain rolled oats
½ cup of water
1 handful of nuts (any nuts of your choice – I use groundnuts)
1 handful of dried fruit (any dried fruit of your choice e.g. raisins, dates – I use pitted dates)
- Pour all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix with water.
- Grease a rectangular/square shaped microwave safe container or any oven safe dish with (any healthy) oil or use cooking spray.
- Pour mix in container or dish.
- Bake for 5-7mins.
- Tip- To be double sure if your bake is ready, pierce with a stainless steel fork or knife. If your cutlery is squeaky clean, then your bake is ready.
- Allow to cool and cut into desired shapes.
- Serve or store in an airtight container. It can also be refrigerated if not eaten at the time of preparation.
- This recipe makes one serving… Bon appetit!
Courtesy: Olubukola Kolade (Class of 2001)
She is an Administrative Officer at Mirsha Global Services Limited
Olubukola is a lover of fine gourmet food, arts and tourism, a fitness and healthy lifestyle enthusiast too.